Internet Professional who combines a strong understanding of business, technical and end-user needs, and communications objectives to develop and manage effective web sites. A creative thinker with visual sense and technical skills, along with a track record of maximizing opportunities to build elegant solutions. Effective at communicating with all levels across an organization as well as with clients and vendors. Experienced in public speaking, writing and training.
SETON HALL UNIVERSITY 2008-present
Senior Digital Media Specialist
Content management systems, blogs, wikis, customized classroom systems, digital repositories, cluster computing, LAMP programming. Working with faculty, administration and staff University-wide to develop solutions.
INTERNET CONSULTANT 2006–2007
User interface design consulting for Merrill Lynch, part of a major system to allow global users to implement real-time transactional choices on elections. Produced detailed working prototypes replicating the workflow through various screens using DOM scripting and AJAX. UI design analysis for Pearson Publishing.
Developed sites for retail, ad agencies and financial clients with an emphasis on content management, e-commerce and interactivity. Services provided included UI design, managing hosting, software selection and customization, programming, photography, retouching and design. Built sites in several different content management systems.
THE BOND MARKET ASSOCIATION, New York 1993-2005
Director, Internet and Print Production Services (1997-2005)
- Built original version and managed two total overhauls of bondmarkets.com, the Association’s flagship site for members, developing specifications and taxonomy in a move to the Ektron content management system. This accelerated and streamlined internal workflow, and increased member usage to 1 million page views a month.
- Implemented free public bond trade price services on InvestingInBonds.com. Working with regulators, industry specialists and multiple data providers built an easy-to-use service for investors and managed progression from delayed composite information in 1998 through actual real-time dissemination of individual trades in 2005. Developed and tested user workflows through several tiers of information for a very large data set, while developing tools and features to enhance the value of the data. Monitored usage patterns and fielded user inquiries to refine the user experience. Worked with IT to ensure robust Ektron/MSSQL platforms for delivery.
- Spoke at industry conferences and association events, and participated in press conferences and presentations to legislators in Washington. Developed training programs, and led group and one-on-one sessions, improving the brand and increasing staff productivity.
- Worked with banks, brokerages and data providers to build investinginbonds.com, which greatly enhanced the Association’s advocacy efforts with Congress and regulators, raised public profile. The site won a Forbes “Best of the Web” site for investors, and was a Money magazine feature. Conceived and developed an online calculator, which was featured on the front page of The Wall Street Journal.
- Created productivity tools and features, for bond calculations, word search, surveys, calendars, real-time data graphing, password systems, and subscriptions. Negotiated with data vendors to reduce price schedules by as much as 90%..
- Ran a group of seven sites over multiple generations for affiliated organizations, including LSTA, EMTA and The American Securitization Forum.
- Part of a consultative group working with regulatory agencies on standardized data formats.
- Greatly reduced costs by moving contracts, manuals, newsletters, research reports and promotional materials to Web and e-mail channels.
- Supervised a staff of graphic designers and a print production manager.
- Implemented backup and redundancy procedures, which kept the sites up and running through various severe disruptions; served as the Association’s industry point person after 9/11, running the site as a clearinghouse for critical information on the industry’s backup locations.
THE BOND MARKET ASSOCIATION
Manager, Production (1993-1997)
- Developed first Association web sites in 1995, reducing the group’s printing costs by hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.
- Implemented changes in mailing procedures, cutting postage costs by 25%.
- Worked with outside consultant to successfully implement a major corporate identity shift.
- Oversaw production of newsletters, binders, mailings, brochures, conference materials, annual reports and collateral materials.
- Managed staff of designers. Led ongoing changes in department technology.
Consultant/Production Manager (1991-1993)
Produced catalogs, advertisements, collateral materials for Olympus cameras and various fashion and resort accounts.
LEVINE, HUNTLEY, SCHMIDT & BEAVER ADVERTISING, New York 1984-1991
Traffic and Production Manager
- Scheduled, managed workflow and estimated for a wide variety of consumer and B-to-B accounts.
- Worked with color separators, retouchers, typographers, photographers and illustrators in production of high-quality color and black-and-white newspaper and magazine ads for national clients.
Baldwin-Wallace College, Berea, Ohio
Professional Training and Continuing Education
Classes in SQL, VB.NET, management, content-management systems, Win2003 server, Internet security, usability, and data presentation.
Board Member, The Broadway Bach Ensemble
Member, The Brooklyn Symphony Orchestra, South Mountain Brass.